Monday, December 11, 2006

Mmmm....bananas, apples, and sweet potatoes & I am 6 months old!!!


I have had Molly on solids sporadically for the last week and a half. I have been giving her rice cereal with a little bit of other foods mixed in at least once a day, if not twice a day. I had briefly tried banana with her before, and a little apple. Because you are suppose to span at least 3 days between new foods...I tried wax beans, then sweet potatoes, and offcially banana today. So far no signs of allergies. She prefers the food not mixed with the cereal. So, I tried last night, and today the foods by themselves, and she loves them.
Greg, and I have talked about making her own food all along. I have even been to a seminar on making your own versus jarred stuff. I have tried the jarred stuff out of convenience at the time. Today I made bananas for her in the blender. Two large bananas, and a 1/2 cup or a little more of water made a whole ice cube tray full.
It took less than 3 minutes! I think in the long run it will be much healthier, and cheaper to make our own food. It really doesn't take long. The nutritionist that did the seminar, says you can take one hour a week, and have a whole week's suppy or more of baby food to store in the freezer.
This website is also a good source
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

1 comment:

Ed H. said...

heh. My kid had that exact same playset. Loads of fun!

Cute little bugger, keep up with her!