Saturday, April 07, 2007

Dressy Bessie

Now that is a name, I don't think I have thought about in 30 years. I was talking to Greg about getting Molly a toy with zippers, buttons, and snaps on it. She loves zippers, and I thought something like that would be ideal for her to play with. Then in the archives of my mind...the name Dressy Bessie popped into my head. I had forgotten I had a doll as a little girl that had a zipper, snaps, buttons, ribbons, and buckles on it, so that I could practice to do those things. Her name was Dressy Bessie. Now, searching the internet, I have found very little about this doll, except that it was made by Playskool around 1976. I have found a couple of pictures, but it appears that she had different styles. It even looks like they have an updated model...though I don't think it is made anymore. I have to go take a look on Playskool's website to see.
Here is a link to an ebay auction picture
Dressy Bessie

No comments: